Sometimes some users complain that language of CBB app is changed to Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese. The reason is related to preferred language settings on your device.
For example, your order of preferred language is Italian, Simplified Chinese, English, Traditional Chinese.
Creative Book Builder currently supports English, French, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. No Italian is provided. However, your second language is Simplified Chinese, and then iOS chooses Simplified Chinese. Therefore, language of CBB app is changed to Simplified Chinese. For more information, check this out: https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1828/_index.html.
The solution is to change ordering of preferred language. You can just move English to be second language or move English before French, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese.
Text and image shortcut icons are added to the top navigation bar to make it easier to complete common tasks: add paragraph and images. Tool icon is used to add other elements.
Chapter heading is moved above element list. It can show more characters for long heading.
Publish button is moved next to preview icon. It becomes consistent with fixed layout editor. The flow is much more clear now: after previewing, the next task is publishing.
Paste As HTML option:
By default, content which is pasted to rich text editor becomes plain text in order to avoid invalid characters. From 3.8, tap action icon and then select "Paste As HTML" action. It can keep style of content.
You may spend more time on mobile devices than desktop. However, you still need to work on desktop because desktop has more power and bigger screen. It makes book writing more convenient. For example, you can write a book and browse websites for research at the same time, copy text from your documents and paste text on the book, etc.
We bring most of basic features from iOS version to Mac version. Most of the interface is redesigned and optimized for desktop experiences. It is the first version of CBB for Mac. Some of advanced features will be coming soon.
Here is demonstration video:
Advantages of Creative Book Builder for Mac:
1. CBB for Mac is fully compatible with CBB for iOS.
2. Work on desktop and mobile devices seamlessly.
3. Increase your productivity for your familiar desktop environment.
Tips for Mac version:
1. Use mouse to right click items. You can find many actions when contextual menu is shown.
2. Hold Shift or Command key and use mouse to select multiple items.
3. Use mouse to drag and drop chapters / groups and elements to change ordering.
4. In paragraph editor, you can paste text by Command + V key and plain text is inserted by default because complex HTML code may make the content invalid. If you want to paste HTML content, click "More" icon on the toolbar and then click "Paste HTML".
5. In paragraph editor, you can use the following hot keys:
Command + b: make the selected text bold
Command + i: make the selected text italic
Command + u: make the selected text underline
Command + z: undo
Command + y: redo
Command + a: select all text
The following advanced features will be released in next version:
1. iCloud Integration
2. Fixed Layout book support
3. Built-in advanced widgets, like slideshow, rich table, quiz, etc.